Rio Linda/Elverta, CA—Current and former residents of Rio Linda and Elverta have an opportunity to make history by submitting vintage and current photographs of the area’s people, places and things for an upcoming history book.
The goal is to celebrate and reflect 100 years of Rio Linda/Elverta’s past, present and future by showcasing family and general interest photographs that will be included in the Rio Linda/Elverta Centennial, a book scheduled for release in October 2012.
“We invite everyone in the community to get inspired to submit family photographs that reflect their personal memories of Rio Linda and Elverta. Since we are in the early planning stages, please join us now by getting involved with this project and by documenting your family as we move into the next 100 years,” noted Mary Harris, Project Coordinator for the book.
Submission Information and Guidelines:
If you have photographs that meet the submission guideline criteria, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions: Call (916) 991-3100 for dates, times and locations. Because we expect a large turnout, please be prepared to fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Original photographs only—no newspaper clippings or photocopies.
- Photographs taken in the Rio Linda/Elverta and immediate surrounding areas.
- General interest photographs: Rio Linda/Elverta families past and present, commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photographs taken from the year 1912 to present.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call (916) 991-3100 to set up an appointment if you have a sizable collection.
Please note: Above are examples only, and may not reflect final product