In 2015 the Monster Energy Aftershock festival came to Gibson Ranch here in Elverta. These days the show calls Discovery Park home, but Aftershock is a HUGE event in the north county which draws concert-goers from all over the country. Last year’s event spent over $1 Million directly with local businesses, and had an overall $10 million dollar economic impact on the region.
Aftershock returns Saturday, October 13 & Sunday, October 14
to Sacramento’s Discovery Park. Highlights of California’s Biggest Rock Festival include System Of A Down, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Incubus, Godsmack, Shinedown, 311, Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators, At The Drive-In, Seether, and Jonathan Davis.
Sacramento’s own Deftones make their debut as Saturday’s headlining act after previously playing the festival in 2012 and 2015. It’s been seven years since Deftones’ last headlining hometown performance, and the band will be celebrating their 30th anniversary this year.
System of a Down makes their Monster Energy Aftershock debut headlining Sunday’s lineup, marking their first-announced appearance in the States in three years as they celebrate the 20th anniversary of their landmark self-titled first album.
“Sacto, we’re coming for you. Proud that you’re our capital and not D.C.,” says System Of A Down’s Serj Tankian, and the band’s guitarist/vocalist Daron Malakian says, “It’s been a minute since we’ve played Sacramento, so it just felt right to return by headlining Aftershock.”
The current band lineup for Monster Energy Aftershock includes: System Of A Down, Deftones, Alice In Chains, Incubus, Godsmack, Shinedown, 311, Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators, At The Drive-In, Seether, Jonathan Davis, Bullet For My Valentine, Underoath, Black Veil Brides, Hellyeah, Asking Alexandria, Sevendust, Everlast, GWAR, Emmure, Stick To Your Guns, Dance Gavin Dance, Monster Magnet, Red Sun Rising, Bad Wolves, The Fever 333, Dorothy, Wage War, Plague Vendor, Hyro The Hero, Amigo The Devil, All Them Witches, Slothrust, The Dose, Viza, The Jacks and more to be announced.
In addition to performances from top music artists, attendees at this year’s Monster Energy Aftershock will enjoy a variety of onsite food and beverage experiences.
- Eats: Food and Beverage options will be provided by Southern Hospitality Concessions LLC, DWP‘s affiliate concessionaire. Patrons can enjoy some of Sacramento’s local favorite restaurants, cuisine and food trucks such as: Angry Bird Grill, Bacon Mania, Barrett’s Burgers, Barrett’s Sliders, Big Joe’s BBQ, Bubba’s BBQ, Cousins Maine Lobster, Dippin Dots Ice Cream, Dogtown, Drewski’s Hot Rod Sandwiches, Florez Bar And Grill, La Mex Taqueria, Mac Attack, Mount Olympus, Sausage King, Smokin’ Hot Pizza, Spicy Pie and Xochimilco Mexican Restaurant.
- Beverages: Festivalgoers 21+ can enjoy a variety of beverages at one of the festival’s many bar locations. Specialty experiences include Caduceus Cellars & Merkin Vineyards Wine Garden (owned by Arizona resident Maynard James Keenan, co-founder of international recording acts Tool, A Perfect Circle and Puscifer) and the Belching Beaver Bar (featuring drafts from the Vista, California brewer, including Phantom Bride IPA, a collaboration with Deftones). Guests can also stop by Mrkt N Jolt to grab a hot coffee, cold brew or other sundry items. Coors Light, Jack Daniel’s and other options will be available throughout the festival grounds.
Monster Energy Aftershock will also feature a variety of unique entertainment options to go along with the incredible music lineup, including the Monster Energy Experience (where fans can meet Aftershock artists and sample Monster beverages), The Music Experience (an interactive exhibit and musical instrument retailer) and The Student Experience, Take Me Homenonprofit animal rescue organization, Heavy Grass (check out new premium weed products and merchandise), the f.y.e. Fan Experience (where fans can purchase music from all the performing bands and take part in meet & greets and artist signings), Dyin 2 Live / Fxck Cancer (wish-granting organization), Zippo Encore (spin the wheel to win prizes, and check out Zippo lighters, including limited-edition festival designs), and SWFTCharge (quick, portable and convenient phone-charging service).
Monster Energy Aftershock tickets, as well as hotel and VIP packages, are on sale starting Friday, April 13 at www.AftershockFestival.com.
Initial ticket prices will be as follows:
- 2-Day Weekend General Admission: starting at $149.50 + fees
- 2-Day Weekend VIP: starting at $299.50 + fees
- Single Day General Admission: starting at $89.50 + fees
- Single Day VIP: starting at $179.50 + fees
A limited number of GA ticket 4-packs will also be available.
Service fees on all ticket purchases include a 50 cent charity fee for the T.J. Martell Foundation (www.tjmartell.org).
VIP tickets include: VIP entrance lanes into the venue, a shaded VIP hang area with seating for dining, a VIP-only viewing area of main stage, video screens featuring a live feed from the main stages inside the VIP hang area, upgraded food and drink selections (for additional purchase), dedicated VIP restrooms, and a commemorative Monster Energy Aftershock 2018 laminate.
As in the past, General Admission ticket discounts will also be available for active military through Monster Energy Aftershockpartner GovX (www.govx.com).
Tickets for Monster Energy Aftershock have sold out for three years straight. Fans are encouraged to buy early to save, and to secure a spot at this year’s event.
Monster Energy Aftershock is again offering a Park & Ride shuttle program, as parking at Discovery Park is extremely limited. Each Park & Ride ticket includes parking at Sleep Train Arena and a non-stop shuttle directly to the festival site. Festivalgoers are encouraged to carpool to Sleep Train Arena and save. A very limited number of premium parking spots in the Natomas Corporate Center lot directly across from Discovery Park are available for purchase. For all pricing and more details, visit www.AftershockFestival.com.
Monster Energy Aftershock is fueled by Monster Energy. Additional 2018 sponsors include: f.y.e., Coors Light, Jack Daniel’s, Zippo Encore, The Music Experience, SWFTCharge, Fxck Cancer, Ace of Spades, Take Me Home, Belching Beaver and more to be announced.
Monster Energy Aftershock is produced by Danny Wimmer Presents, a producer of some of the biggest rock festivals in America, including Rock On The Range, Louder Than Life, Monster Energy Welcome to Rockville, Monster Energy Fort Rock, Monster Energy Carolina Rebellion, Chicago Open Air, Bourbon & Beyond, Monster Energy Rock Allegiance, Northern Invasion and more.
For more information on Monster Energy Aftershock, visit: