Article Date: Friday, July 12, 2019
One of the many great things about summer in Sacramento County is the California State Fair. This year’s festivities kick off July 12 through July 28 at Cal Expo and includes 17 days full of concerts, competitions, vendors, great food and lots of fun!
The 17-day fair is a robust celebration of the State of California, its industries, agriculture and diversity of its people. This year’s California State Fair is all about the blue ribbon and celebrating everything that makes California “The Best!”
The State Fair always has iconic attractions and family-friendly activities and this year is no different. The 2019 Toyota Concert Series on the Golden 1 Stage has concerts every night and be sure to check out the other stages for music, dance and cultural performances. Thursdays through Sundays will feature live thoroughbred horseracing. Plus, there will be new exciting events this year like the Esports Gaming Tournament, and Goat Mountain.
No trip to the California State Fair is complete without the thrill of the carnival rides, and be sure to check out the kid’s Read to Ride program. Other exhibits and experiences include animal livestock, art exhibits, county exhibits, classic car shows, wine & beer tasting, and shopping.
Promotions and Tickets
- $2 Taste of the Fair: Wednesdays and Thursdays (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.) – Sample a variety of fair foods with $2 menu specials from your favorite food vendors.
- Senior Savings Friday: Discount admission of $10 for seniors 62 & better. Plus, seniors ride FREE on the Grand Carousel and the Giant Wheel.
- SMUD Cares at the Fair Giving Monday: July 15 & 22 – BRING 3 non-perishable, non-expired food items to the Fair Gates before 3 p.m. and receive FREE admission. The collected food items will benefit the Elk Grove Food Bank.
- Kids Free Tuesdays & $2 Rides for all: July 16 & 23 – FREE admission for kids 12 and under and $2 rides for all ages.
- Military & Veteran Appreciation Day Presented by Vitalant: July 18 – FREE admission all day for active, retired, veterans and reserve military personnel and their dependents with Military ID.
- Best of California Brewfest: July 20 (VIP 2 p.m., GA 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.) – Taste award winning craft brew samples at the Miller Lite Racetrack Grandstand.
- First Responders Appreciation Day Presented by Vitalant: July 25 – FREE admission all day for first responders and law enforcement with ID.
Regional Transit offers convenient service to the Cal Expo main gate on bus routes 67 and 68. Visit their website for route and schedule information, or walk into the Cal Expo Guest Services office to pick up a schedule.
Check out the details on the California State Fair website.
ANDREA SANDOVAL, COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA OFFICER, 916-591-9730