Good morning! Here’s what’s happening in our world today:
- Papa’s Pizzaria will be hosting its One-Year anniversary and Super Bowl Party on Sunday, February 2nd, opening at 12 noon. They will have food and drink specials all day, including two appetizers for $10 and $12 beer buckets. Find out more on their Facebook Page or see the menu on the website.
- Hometown vocalist and star of The Voice on NBC, Shane Q, will be performing the National Anthem at the Kings Vs. Lakers game at Golden 1 Center tomorrow, Saturday, February 1st, at 7 pm.
- The Tri-County Lunch Bunch meets on the 1st Thursday every month at Pancake Palace, 6225 Watt Ave. in North Highlands from 11:30 a.m. to about 1:30 p.m. This Thursday the guest speaker will be Sacramento County Supervisor Sue Frost. All are welcome! Bring your fliers, publications, business cards and information to pass along to the others. You never know who will be there but it is always interesting and beneficial to the participants.
- Registration for the Rio Linda Little League is coming to an end. The last day to register for the Spring 2020 season is TODAY Friday, January 31st, online only.
- The head honchos of Sonoma Raceway and Kansas Speedway have made a bet on the Super Bowl involving signature regional food products. Steve Page, Sonoma Raceway president and general manager is putting up a package of Boudin Sourdough, including a Kansas City team logo made entirely of their gourmet sourdough. Kansas Speedway President Patrick Warren is countering the wager with a selection from local favorite Jack Stack’s Barbecue. Sonoma Raceway hosts the NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350, June 12-14.
- Aftershock Festival has announced that in addition to Metallica headlining Friday and Sunday night, My Chemical Romance will be headlining Saturday night. The Aftershock Festival takes place October 9-11 at Discovery Park in Sacramento.