LOUISVILLE – Sun Devil running back Cam Skattebo’s incredible effort against No. 5 USC was recognized by the Paul Hornung Award and Louisville Sports Commission.
Skattebo was named to the Hornung Weekly Honor Roll, an award given to the players who display the most versatility in that particular week. It would be hard to be more versatile than Skattebo, as the running back thrived in many roles against the Trojans.
CAM DOES IT ALL
Skattebo had a lot of responsibility in the Sun Devils matchup with No. 5 USC and he was extremely successful. He finished with 111 rushing yards and a touchdown on 20 carries, adding 79 receiving yards and a touchdown on four catches, and providing a bonus in the passing game completing 2-of-3 passes for 43 yards. He literally stuffed the stat sheet when he was asked to punt, catching the Trojans off guard with a 53-yard boot, and flipping the field for the Sun Devils. He received a 73.3 grade from PFF for his efforts, the 21st-highest grade among all Pac-12 players this week, fourth among Pac-12 HBs, and 25th among FBS HBs.
EMPTY THE NOTEBOOK
- Has forced 130 career missed tackles on rushing plays, 8th among active FBS/FCS halfbacks while his 0.42 missed tackles forced per rushing attempt are third (min. 200 carries). He has forced 26 this season on rushing plays, fifth among FBS running backs. His 33 overall missed tackles forced on offense this season are third among all FBS players.
- Graded as a 78.1 on offense, the 15th-highest among all Pac-12 players. She is first among Pac-12 HBs and 10th among FBS HBs.
- Received a 79.3 rushing grade, first among all Pac-12 players, 25th among all FBS players, and 24th among FBS HBs.
- Has been stuffed for loss or no gain on just 8.7 percent of his career rushes, the third-lowest tally among all FBS and FCS running backs.
- Rushed for a first down or touchdown on 38.8 percent of his career carries, tops among all active FBS/FCS backs (min. 200 attempts).
- Currently 21st among all active FBS AND FCS running backs with 2,152 career rushing yards while his 6.9 yards per carry are second among that group. (min. 200 carries).
- Received an overall offensive grade of 76.2 this season from PFF, 11th among all FBS halfbacks with at least 150 snaps played and tops among Pac-12 running backs.
MORE ON THE HORNUNG HONOR ROLL
The Louisville Sports Commission successfully launched the Paul Hornung Award in 2010 to honor its namesake and native son, and to promote outstanding performances by versatile college football players who often go unnoticed. Each week during the regular season, a panel of college football experts selects players for the Paul Hornung Award Honor Roll based on performance.
HOW TO FOLLOW
For the latest updates and information on the Sun Devil Football program, follow our Twitter (@ASUFootball) and Instagram (@SunDevilFB) accounts, like our Facebook page (facebook.com/sundevilfootball), and visit our website (thesundevils.com).
(ASU Sports Media Release)