Due to the incoming weather system meeting the approved thresholds this weekend the following weather respite locations will be activated beginning Friday evening:
- The Department of Human Assistance will be opening a warming center at 1725 28th Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
- Friday, Nov. 17 at 7 p.m. through Sunday, Nov. 19 at 7 a.m.
- All community members are welcome.
- Pets must be on a leash or contained in an animal carrier at all times.
- Guests will have access to a warm, dry location as well as water and snacks.
- In coordination with the Department of Homeless Services and Housing (DHSH), First Step Communities (FSC) is expanding capacity by an additional 20 beds at the North A Emergency Shelter to help unhoused persons living in the nearby area get respite from the cold overnights.
- Friday, Nov. 17 at 4:30 p.m. until Sunday, Nov. 19 at 6:30 a.m.
- These beds will be by invitation only to unhoused in the immediate area and cannot accept walk-ups.
- This location cannot support pets.
- The City of Sacramento is also activating weather-respite operations at its Outreach and Engagement Center (3615 Auburn Blvd.)
- Friday, Nov. 17 at 5 p.m. through Sunday, Nov. 19 at 7 a.m.
- Walk-ups will be accepted
- The OEC able to accommodate up to 50 guests as part of its weather-respite activation.
- The center has storage available for personal belongings if needed and will accept pets.
To see all weather respite locations, days and times please visit 211sacramento.org or call 2-1-1 for more information.