Twin Rivers Families and Community:
Twin Rivers Unified is committed to keeping our families up-to-date with information on COVID-19 as we receive guidance from the California Department of Public Health and Sacramento County Public Health. At this time, public health officials have not diagnosed any cases of COVID-19 in our schools and have not advised that we close schools.
However, after long and careful deliberation, and in collaboration with other surrounding districts, we have determined it best to temporarily close our schools to protect the health and well-being of our students and staff as we try to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
All schools will be closed from Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 3. Our Spring break will still be held from Monday, April 6 through Monday, April 13. Schools will resume session on Tuesday, April 14.
The District will use this time to conduct a deep cleaning and sanitizing of all sites and departments.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Steve Martinez, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Twin Rivers Unified
Interim Nutrition Services Program
Twin Rivers Unified School District (TRUSD) Nutrition Services program will provide an opportunity for families to drive through and pick up meals for the children in their family at a number of school sites during our school closures in response to COVID-19.
Children must be present in order for meals to be provided. The following schools will provide a lunch for that day and breakfast for the following day. Starting Tuesday, March 17, meals will be served between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school.
Please stay in your car and meals will be distributed based on the number of children in the car.
Schools Offering Meals:
- Foothill High School, 5000 McCloud Dr., Sacramento, CA 95842
- F.C. Joyce, 6050 Watt Ave, North Highlands, CA 95660
- Grant Union High School, 1400 Grand Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838
- Highlands High School, 6601 Guthrie St, North Highlands, CA 95660
- Harmon Johnson, 577 Las Palmas Ave, Sacramento, CA 95815
- Norwood Jr High, 4601 Norwood Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838
- Ridgepoint Elementary, 4680 Monument Dr., Sacramento, CA 95842
- Rio Linda High School, 6309 Dry Creek Rd, Rio Linda, CA 95673
- Smythe Academy of the Arts K-6, 2781 Northgate Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95833
- Westside Elementary, 6537 W 2nd St, Rio Linda, CA 95673
This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals – and meals should not be consumed on site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not staying at the school site once meals have been distributed, by continuing to wash your hands often, sneezing or coughing into a tissue and staying home if you are sick.
Twin Rivers Nutrition Services